indexhero20070109.jpg


Just finished watching the keynote address at MacWorld where they introduced the iPhone. I will readily admit that I drink the kool aid when it comes to Apple products but this introduction really excited me. As Steve Jobs professed, it's a leap forward that feels just as monumental as the introduction of the Mac and the iPod. I've felt the same delight when I first got hands on those two ground breaking products and I can't wait to get my hands on the iPhone, too.


Here are the innovations (link). I'm especially impressed with the "Multi Touch" technology where hey eliminated all dedicated buttons. This you have to see to believe. I remember watching the Spielberg film "Minority Report" where they had those touch screens that Tom Cruise kept rearranging... I realized that this is that future. Like the mouse or the idea of an mp3 player, Apple did not invent the touch screen technology, but they made it into a "how did I ever live without it?" feature. Genious.


Well enough gushing. I'm probably only the 8329th Apple fan boy who's blogged about his excitement over this brand new toy but hey, it's a good day to be a geek.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top